Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A mini-camp all my own.

My aunt sells Gold Canyon Candles. Monday night she had a meeting with her fellow distributors and the man that started Gold Canyon with his wife came from Ohio to speak. Sarah and I were gonna go and chill with our Uncle Joe and go to a movie or something because he lives right near Tampa. But he had to work late so we just decided to go with her. It was pretty long and I was thinking, "This is great, I get to listen to people talk about candles and the best way to sell them. I wonder what the kids at camp are doing for their first night." lol. But as I was listening to them things caught my attention. Their little "go-getters" to sell Gold Canyon candles better sparked some interest in me. As I was listening I was being shown how selling Gold Canyon candles can relate to witnessing to people. It was crazy! God was turning a bore into a mini camp!

They were all about the product. They were all about explaining the different aspects about it which made it the best. One was, "Always keep Gold Canyon candles at the for-front of your mind." I was like, hm. Well, you know what I did. I thought, "Always keep God at the fore-front of your mind." Anytime you walk into a room, anytime you begin to speak, always keep God in your mind so you will be reminded of when you need to move. Another was, "Know your product." Know the Gospel. "Instead, you must worship Christ as Lord of your life. And if someone asks about your Christian hope, always be ready to explain it." 1 Peter 3:15 Of course the disciples and those after Christ didn't know much, they were LIVING it. They were "ordinary men". But I believe that we should understand it and that by understanding it we can better witness and be sure of ourselves. Another was, "Never underestimate another." They were talking about how the distributors shouldn't underestimate someone who might buy. Even if they don't look like someone that would buy, they just might. Of course, that speaks for itself. You never know when someones heart will be softened at that exact moment. The last one that really stuck out in my head was, "Write down your goals." "A goal not written down is just a wish." is what the lady said as she was up there. This for me, just meant that I need to journal more about what my hearts desire is. Journaling is just fun, I love it. But I don't do it as much as I would like.

The way they were talking about Gold Canyon Candles made me wonder, what if we took that much time to get ready for battle like they take to get to know their product and how to best sell it? And I use the term 'sell' lightly. I was helping my aunt get her candles together last night and while I was busy trying to find where one candle went my aunt had gotten a whole TON done. I was like, "You are so much faster than me!" And she was like, I've been doing this for such a long time. Ha, it just made me think. Somethings not literally of course, but some things just tweaked a bit to relate.

No comments: