Monday, January 12, 2009

"Maybe you feel so far away because you've been drawing away from God. Ask yourself how your quiet time has been doing in the last six months. That will answer your uneasiness as quick as can be."

I'm excited about fasting as a whole, just because as we do it alone, we're growing together. Imagine 300,000 people doing it around the United States, with pure motives, just on their face in front of God. Imagine what God could do! Well, it sure is something! I'm not doing the exact Daniel's fast because a. my whole family isn't doing it and b. because when I've done it in the past I've gotten way too legalistic about it and that's not what it's about. I've done facebook in the past and that has been good, but I've just filled my time with other things. This time I am going to do some fasting throughout it, meaning just water, or fasting of other things, whenever I feel called to do it. I'm mainly asking myself if when I'm doing it, am I doing it for the right reasons? As soon as my thoughts on eating and me loosing weight control my brain I'm going to stop. I need to be disciplined. I love reading the Word, but I don't make it a set habit and it shows. I can tell when I haven't been having quiet times with God, because I feel so drained. And it's not about feelings, I know, there have been times when I've been reading my Bible and I haven't gotten anything for a while. But it's a different empty then when you're not going to the Source at all. But fasting is getting so thirsty for the Word of God, for God Himself. Be near, oh God, be near.

No comments: