Monday, October 20, 2008

Sometimes I forget to write the good stuff.

Read 1 Corinthians 13 last week - opened right to it and found something new in it - post about it later.

Tomorrow is the Pro-life Day of Silent Solidarity. Do it if you can, even if you can't do all of it. I'm babysitting so I can't do it if they need help with their homework but I think I can be some kind of quiet during that time. I should have mentioned it to them today though. Idk how it's going to work out.

I'm working really hard on not letting things get me and let anger get ahold of me so fast. I'm a work in progress and I still can't believe that God is so gracious.

There are many witnessing oppurtunites available and I'm praying I can take them and be Christ's light, and if necessary use a church. Now, that's not in any way saying anything bad about church as a tool to get people to start talking but I've found that it's so easy for people to use the word "church" and be able to quickly end the conversation because they may have gotten hurt by people that go to church or they may be another religion or non-going Catholics, or they may just hate church. But when you mention just Christ or just God, they can shut the door a bit, but it's a little harder than when you have the word church involved.

Senior Project - it's hard but I can tell God has a hand on it. The answers I'm getting when I interview them, the things I'm learning that is rocking my world through it, the things my dad is learning, just the amazingness of it all is mind blowing and kind of out weighs the stress. Working on notecards currently.

Friends - Yay, friends. Some friendships are harder to work out then others but all in all I'm happy to have people around me that care about me. And I wish to go a bit farther and farther out of my comfort zone to be those kinds of friends to others. There are people that are slowly drifting away again, from good friendships in general, and I don't want that to happen.

I'm learning that the people that are the meanest or the most stand-offish or the people that seem fake are the ones that need love the most. Mrs. Phyllis reminded us of that tonight at connect groups. I'm going to work on being love to those people even when all I want to do is be like, 'wtc!'

There's more but I'm tired and I need sleep. Weird post, but I felt like I needed to share the good stuff too, because sometimes even when it feels like the bad things are swallowing you alive it's because you're too focused on them to see the good stuff. Just last week after I wrote my last blog God began showing me good things that He was blessing in my life, but I began to forget about them as soon as the bad things came around. Here's to not letting things get to me and to always looking to God first even when I feel like giving up.

2 comments:

Patty Honeycutt said...

I am alive and i am well. There's so many things about myself that i'm learning. i hope you're well too

Patty Honeycutt said...

that was so not my mom.


rachel