Saturday, January 10, 2009

A humbling experience

Yesterday I was talking to this girl in Weightlifting. I became friends with her after I stopped hanging out with another group of girls in that class. Anyways, through a series of events I started talking to her and hanging out with her more. She also has lunch with me, but normally sits with another table behind us. Well, as we were sitting around (doing non weightlifting crap, haha) she told me that she had told this girl at her table that I was one of the nicest people she has ever met. (Now, just wait, you'll see why this isn't me praising myself) I was like, "awww, really?" And instead of being like, BAM great oppurtunity to show Christ, I was thinking, "Hm, I wonder if anyone else heard that? That'll show those girls that I am worth their time and what they're missing by not being my friend!" Ha, I told you. So as I was sitting there and we started talking about other things the thought entered into my head that I could have given all the Glory to Christ. But I didn't and I lost that oppurtunity. Not only could I have thrown a seed to her, but also potentially to her friend and to her whole table. Ah, I'm praying that God will give me another chance.

I keep being reminded and reminded that it's not about me. It's about God being given the Glory through everything. I mean, that's what He wants ultimately. Number one, He wants the Glory and number two, He wants a relationship with us. So it can't be about us when we run this race. If we are to lay down ourselves and take up the cross we must also lay down everything that we are: my selfishness, my pride, and my hurt. Oh me, oh my. I'm a work in progress, but aren't we all?



No comments: