Sunday, October 5, 2008

Set apart.

So, I didn't write this on Sunday, so you knnoww. I think I started it on Sunday and it originally had something to do with the word honor, but I was tired and stopped and then I came back and was like, maybe I shouldn't write anything about this because I'd probably be way too blunt. Though I guess it has to do with being set apart too. God just put these two questions in my heart. "What does the word honor mean to you?" Then when you answer that it goes, "What does the word honor mean to your future husband/wife?" Yeah, way too blunt, right? ;P thought so. So, good thing I didn't write one about it, huh? :D It's just been in my heart and head these past few weeks as I've been reshaping the way I think about things and people. And it makes me think about how if we are going to be that serious and make that kind of commitment (or stand or lyrics or w/e), then who are we to say that our future husband (wife) is going to think the same way? Ok, I better stop before I get to start writing a post about itt. Just be honorable - and make sure you don't just throw that word around, among other words. That's all I gotta say. :)

My life is defined by hesitations. Ever since I can remember, in my search for doing doing doing for God, I would ask myself how I could be a bit different, how I could be a little more stranger and stranger each day in the name of Jesus. Since then it has become so much more real to me; the actual extent of being different, without it being about doing. My views on some areas are radical to most (just ask Delea) and it's a challenge for me to think with my heart instead of my brain. That's how I've trained myself and that's how every aspect of my life is played out. I really wouldn't have it any other way even if it's hard sometimes.


Leviticus 20:7-8
Set yourselves apart for a holy life. Live a holy life, because I am God, your God. Do what I tell you; live the way I tell you. I am the God who makes you holy.



So we as Christians are supposed to be set apart, right? In what ways? In the way we talk? In our relationships? In the way we honor our future husband or wife? In the way we stop ourselves from gossip? In the way we hold each other accountable even if it's not always the prettiest? In our hardships and how we react to them?

I believe it's all that and it's all hard. It's so hard for me to live a life that's different but it's so crucial. We're in a Battle and each life we come into contact with has a battle going on inside them. I guess I've been incredibly angry with Satan lately. Righteous anger. I've been soo ticked off at Satan and the control he's been having on my thoughts, on who we are in our confidence, and in our schools. He shouldn't have control on anything, Christ's blood is already on it. We are not victims because Jesus has already been our lawyer and He has WON! We must live as if we've already won! It must be clear to everyone around us: in our confidence through Him, in the way we love each other, in the way we care, in the way we are willing to jump out of our comfort zones to go sit with someone that seems "weird" to other people, in the way we confront our fellow Christians when they aren't at the right place, in the way we take the time to care if someone hasn't been at youth in a while, in our relationships with our boyfriends or girlfriends, in all of that we have to stand out from other people, because how else are they going to be able to tell that there is something different about us. Just a few seconds ago I was arguing with my sister. Is that ok, because it's in the confinement of our home? No, it's not. What if we're walking outside arguing and people in the neighborhood hear us? What if it's as soon as we come home from church? That matters.

To stand apart, I believe we have to live differently. We have to look at every area of our lives and ask if it's glorifying God. I believe that Christ has to be our everything, not just our first thing, because priorities can change up all the time. But when something is your everything then the rest of your life will spill from it - it will HAVE to be different. And other people will be FORCED to see something different about us. And as we pray for wisdom and pray for those people, the fog will be lifted from between us and them and God can really move through us.

No comments: