Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Teach my eyes to recognize You
Teach my lips to glorify You
Guide my feet so I can find You, where ever You are

Be my way, I'm lost without you
Be my light, shining through my every breath
My every move, till every thought is You

- No Other Name - Unhindered

I'm learning a lot of things lately. I'm learning that who I am is not going to please everyone. I've always wanted to get along with everyone. I've always thought that I was supposed to, that I wasn't good enough or pleasing enough unless I was everything everyone wanted me to be. But I'm not going to reach that. There are going to be people that I just don't hit it off with, unconsciously because I'll try, and I'll try a lot, but I don't think we're supposed to get along with everyone, or understand why. We're all different, and that's ok. And I'll probably annoy people with my personality, I'll probably be laughed at and put down without them realizing it or with them realizing. It's just life, haha, and with my personality and weirdness it's gonna happen.

To all my friends: I will pray diligently for each of you. I will pray diligently for each of your lives over the next few years. I'll pray that God shows you more clearly where He wants you to go & I'll pray that you hold onto Him rather than your own knowledge and that He will lead You where you are to go.

I've heard that if you love someone or something, you have to let it go. So I'm letting go of everything that I love. I'm not sure where I'll be in a year, but I'm holding on to God and letting everything else go. It hurts, but it's the only way. I'm not hiding from the world, I'm looking at it. I just want every thought to be His. Empty me of everything that I am, so I can be everything You want me to be. It's never been about me and what I want, it's about what You want from my life.

No comments: