Saturday, November 17, 2012

Another go at a Happy List

I did something years ago that was called a Happy List.  I basically just made a giant list of things that made me happy in a journal.  I then passed the journal around to friends for them to write their happy list.  It got misplaced somewhere along the way but I think it's such a fun idea!  I may do it again!  I'm also trying to write more on this thing so here it goes!

1.  Spending time with Jesus.  I hate the Sunday school answer Jesus but spending time with Him in the Word, in prayer, in worship, in rest, or in study fills you up like no other.
2.  Friends.  I guess having great friends.  To be honest, I'd like more deeper friendships.  Not being completely connected in a church has been hard for me.  I'd love love love to dive right into a church, love people, build those connections, etc but it hasn't been a constant thing.  I noticed I tend to hold back from building those relationships because I'm afraid it's not going to last.  When I get a car, it shall! :)
3.  Great talks.  I just love them.  I'd like more of them.
4.  Listening.  It's weird but it makes me crazy happy.  Especially because it means it will help me connect with someone better.  I'm such a relational person I've realized.  But I find deeper friendships to be more fulfilling then thousands of surface friends.
5.  A sunny 75 degree day with a light breeze and big fluffy clouds in the sky.  Yep.
6.  Just clouds in general.  They still make me crazy happy.
7.  I also love a slight chill in the air with a sweater.  It makes me feel alive.
8.  Sweaters.  Big ones or just comfy fitted ones.  Basically anything comfy.
9.  Laughter. I just love laughing. so much. 
10.  Music.  Like, I probably couldn't live without it. 
11.  Being able to be my complete self around someone.  I love being silly but I don't like being made to feel dumb.  Because let's face it, it happens. :P
12.  Let's be honest, COFFEE.  Okay, coffee shops.  I noticed when I went overseas if I ever wanted to feel at home I just found the closest Starbucks or other coffee shop to get that comfort feeling.
13.  Traveling.  Actually going somewhere else by myself.  It's like the coolest feeling ever.  You feel so independent.
14.  Being in another culture.  It's a beautiful thing.  Do it.
15.  Making someone's day.  I want to tap into my creative side and try to do it more.
16.  Talking about mission-minded things with people.  It excites me like so much!
17.  Meeting people from all over the world!  I did that in Thailand and it was the best thing!  Working with people from other backgrounds is such an interesting experience!
18.  Being able to do absolutely nothing with someone and it being okay.
19.  Being able to be silent with someone and it not being awkward.  I feel like you reach a new level of friendship when you can do that.
20.  Getting prophesied over.  Seriously. If you haven't experienced it, allow it to happen.  I've been prophesied over twice (three times but the other was a prayer/prophesy) and they both complimented each other so much it was slightly scary and both by fellow believers who had no idea who I was.  I think it's a gift that encourages like no other because it's meant to build up the church and it's how God reminds us He has us in His hands.
21.  Swings.  They're fun.
22. Picnics.
23.  Fun little things that don't cost much money but jump out of the box.
24.  Looking through old photos.
25.  Sitting under someone's wisdom and being a sponge.
26. Coffee dates.
27.  Realizing you have a bit of a style and t-shirts do not have to define you. Amen. ;P
28.  The fall.
29.  That perfect day when the leaves have all changed, the sky is blue with awesome clouds, and life just screams perfect.
30.  Writing.  When in creative mode, it's the best.
31.  Old people.  They are the sweetest (well, can be ;)).
32. Letting go of fears.  It's a happy thing.
33.  Hugs.
34.  Hugs from guys.  There's just something about the protective feeling of a guy's hug whether brotherly, fatherly, or whatever. I really just think God crafted guys to give off a protective vibe and girls to invite it.
35.  The beautiful way God made guys and girls and how both fit so well together.  If you haven't, read Captivating and Wild At Heart.  Beautiful books.
36.  When a guy worships heart abandoned. I'm just saying, it's a happy thing.
37.  Journals.
38.  Can I just say that I love earrings but never wear them?  Yeah.
39. Babies.  Ok, seriously, there's nothing quite like holding a fairly newborn.  They smell wonderful and you simply can't be sad with them cooing or sleeping away. :)
40.  Korean babies.  Baha, I fell in love with a Korean 3 year old in Thailand.  Hopefully my future husband is okay with adoption.. ;)
41.  Puppies.  Yeah, you knew it was coming.  You seriously can't be sad with a puppy in your lap!
42.  A beautiful courtship.  It's awesome to see it done sweetly.
43.  When girls understand how to be whole in Christ without a guy.  Same with guys with girls!
44. Seeing a marriage done right.  It's beautiful and hard-work and wonderful.
45.  Living in community.  Oh, how I love it!  Seriously.  I realized I could get along with so many more types of personalities than I thought I could. And for real, once you work through the initial issues, the friendships are so much more deeper and rewarding.
46.  I miss my Texas intern family!  But like I said up there, you build such a deep friendship that you can start right where you left off! I love those people.
47.  Keeping in touch with people.  That's why I love Facebook!
48.  God-family. :)  Nothing quite like that family.
49.  Nail polish.  I like being girly.
50.  Make-up!  I'm just starting to get into it.  Really. Just starting.  Just ask Krysteah how my top eye-liner skills were just a few weeks ago... ;D
51.  Singing at the top of my lungs to 90s music.
52.  Yeah, singing "opera" still makes me silly-happy. :P
53.  Sweet tea.
54. Bojangles.  Ok, I could make an entire list of food that makes me happy so I'll just say wonderful food. :)
55.  The ocean.  Oh man, it's one of those amazing things.
56.  The sunrise.  Hard to get up for but so worth it.
57.  Sunsets, too.
58.  Reading a good book!
59. Candles.
60.  Infinite moments.
61.  Worship. Around a campfire. With friends.
62.  Smore's. Obvs.
63.  Catching up with people you haven't seen in forever.
64.  The Church being the Church.
65.  Dancing like an idiot. :P
66.  Fru-fru drinks.
67.  The stars!
68.  I feel like a vineyard would make me happy.  It looks like a pretty thing.  Let's go!
69.  Road trips with good friends and great tunes!  Please?!
70. Spontaneity.
71.  The idea of California makes me happy so I think I should go. :)
72.  Ohh, playing in the rain!!
73.  Jumping in the puddle!
74.  Stepping on leaves to hear the crunching sound.
75.  I like the idea of high-heels but I can't walk in them. At all. Ever. It's embarrassing. ;)
76.  TOMS!  They cool!
77.  Benches.
78.  Hearing a stranger's story.
79. Making a genuine effort to help someone, not just marking it off my to-do list.
80.  The feeling of your bed after an exhausting day.
81.  Girls nights!
82.  That accomplished feeling after finishing something you worked extremely hard on.
83.  Confirmations.
84.  Socks.
85. Cute mugs
86.  A really adorable small pumpkin. tehe.
87.  Memories!
88.  Christmas time.
89.  Seeing my extended family!
90.  My grandma!
91.  Florida :)
92.  Modge podging stuff!
93.  Ice cream cones!
94.  Christmas music. :)
95.  Cuddling with my 14 year old kitty.  We go way back. :)
96.  Inspiring people.
97.  My IPhone. :P
98.  How beautiful the world looks right after a good snowfall.
99.  Journey Church.  I love the pastor's authenticity and realness and all the wonderful people there.  We are being challenged to actually be the Church and find the vision God has called us to.  It's a beautiful thing to see.  Also, other churches.  I just love the Body of Christ and the family I've gotten to be a part of over the years. :)
100.  Possibilities.  Endless, beautiful, miraculous possibilities through Christ.  It's a cool thing to live with His Spirit.

No comments: